ImprimisRx, leading provider of proprietary ophthalmic formulas, now assists optometrists and ophthalmologists seeking to offer remote care through telemedicine services.
Teleophthalmology has gained recognition as an effective screening and management tool for a range of common adult and pediatric acute and chronic ocular conditions. Telemedicine services are mostly used for screening retinal conditions, such as diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, and retinopathy of prematurity. They are also used in managing glaucoma and in diagnosing anterior segment condition.
Improved image processing and better integration of patient medical records have propelled teleophthalmology as a method of continuing essential eye care when social distancing is imposed on everyone. With the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into teleophthalmology, and with continuing approval for reimbursement from Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance companies, telemedicine for eye care is here to stay.
ImprimisRx offers a superior telemedicine system for ophthalmologists and optometrists. And it offers it at no expense to the practitioner
ImprimisRx has entered into an exclusive agreement with Doxy.me, a full-service telemedicine software solution, to provide ophthalmologists, optometrists, and wellness providers telecare abilities at no charge. Doxy.me supports video, audio, and text support allowing providers to communicate with their patients remotely.
The free telemedicine platform offered by ImprimisRx and Doxy.me offers essential features that cannot be attained with an unsupported telephone, Zoom, or Skype connection.
– A user-friendly platform patients and practitioners can access from their smartphones, tablets, laptops, or desktops.
– Access from anywhere. Patients click on a link to be placed in the doctor’s virtual waiting room.
– Built-in payment options for patients who cannot access choose not to use insurance coverage.
– Complete HIPAA compliance. No patient data is stored on the platform.
– Easy file sharing between provider and patient.
– Image capture to facilitate diagnosis.
– Ability to treat patients in need regardless of their state of residence or temporary location, since changes in healthcare regulations.
– In many states, ability to bill patients at the same rate as for in-person visits, thanks to amendments to state-level parity laws.
– And the ability to fulfill patient prescriptions for home delivery by the ImprimisRx fulfillment center in three days or less, contributing to the revenues of the practice, and saving the patient a trip to the pharmacy.
Said Mark Baum, CEO of Harrow Health (parent company of ImprimisRx), “The founding principle of ImprimisRx has been constant innovation to find ways to put patients first. Providing services to thousands of physicians in all 50 states with innovative pharmaceutical solutions, with the changes brought by the COVID pandemic now more than ever, it is critical that our physician customers have easy access to their patients and that patients-in-need, wherever they may be, have easy access to their physicians. This agreement, which Harrow Health and Doxy.me believe is the first of its kind, moves our company to the cutting edge of healthcare innovation as we integrate the intangible value of a physician’s care, the value of ImprimisRx prescription pharmaceutical products, and the power of one of the world’s leading telemedicine platforms. The result of this agreement will be greater access to critical physician services for patients across the US and wider access to the ImprimisRx suite of ophthalmic and wellness formulations.”
Registration for the ImprimisRx telemedicine service is at the clinic level, although each practitioner will need a unique email address. ImprimisRx customers can find more information on the ImprimisRx telemedicine account request page.